Sunday, May 6, 2012

Washi Tape Craze

I am in love with Washi Tape!!!  The designs and colors are fabulous.  I'm one that can't seem to lay down the tape in a straight line (when I want a straight line), so it's a huge bonus that the tape is removable. :)


I have seen some awesome cards and scrapbook pages using Washi Tape.  But, what else can you do with them? 


I apologize for the somewhat blurry pictures.  I tried changing settings on my camera and now I can't figure out what I did. UGH!!!


Make Washi Ribbon to match the colors on your project.  Just fold the tape in half lengthwise, giving you a "non-sticky" strip.  TADA!!!  You've got Washi Ribbon. :)



Add a little flair to your files.  Sharpie markers work very well on Washi Tape.  


Do you have children who use index cards to help them study?  They can use them to categorize their study cards!!  I keep recipes on index cards and love using Washi Tape to mark my favorite recipes!!!


Having people over?  I don't know how many glasses get piled up because people can't remember which glass belongs to what person.  Use Washi Tape like the wine glass charms!!  For glasses like in the picture, I probably would have put the tape on the bottom...but wanted to show you want it looked like.  For wine glasses, just wrap the tape around the stem and make a "flag".


Washi Tape is quite handy to keep dies in place when cutting through a die cutting machine, like the Big Shot or Grand Calibur.  I don't know how many times I've had the dies shift out of place when putting it through the machine.  Well, no more!!!  My cuts come out the way I want them every time.   Why not die cut Washi Tape?!?!?!?  All you do is place the tape on the cardstock....I overlapped the tape, to make sure it stayed in place.  Then, choose your die and cut!!  So easy and you get a great patterned die cut.

I'd love to know how you are using Washi Tape.  


Here are the Washi Tapes available through A Muse Studio:



Spring Collection

Summer Collection

Fall Collection

Winter Collection

Metallic Collection

Holiday Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment