Wednesday, December 19, 2012

MIA ... on a quest to find my mojo

I've been Missing In Action.....

I'm sure many of you have heard me say this....."where does the time go?!?!?!!".  With each passing year, I feel that time flies by faster and faster each  year.

Here we are, a week from Christmas.  Other than making calendars for gift-giving, I haven't had much time, energy or the motivation to be creative.  I think it's been over a month since I've posted anything here other than the "picture of the week".

Christmas is my favorite time of the year and normally, I am overflowing with Christmas spirit. 


The last couple months have been draining.  In November, I finally sat for my CFP Exam.  Most of my energy (mental and physical) for the last 3 weeks has been spent on trying to catch up at work after taking a couple weeks off to study for the exam. 


With all that behind me now, I've been trying to get re-organized at home and get my mojo back.  During this shopping season (BTW... this is the first year that I did NOT go out shopping on Black Friday...did all my shopping online this year), I added to my Copic collection.  I heard that prices will go up again in January, so I took advantage of a sale and now I'm about 30 shy of having a complete set of Copic markers.


To track my Copics, I created a spreadsheet.  I printed the spreadsheet to a 11 x 17 paper and colored the squares as I added to my collection.  Here's a sample of the chart:



I decided to come up with a different method of keeping an inventory of my Copics.  Everytime Copic added a new color, I would have to amend the spreadsheet.  With my new method, I won't have to do that.  What's my new method, you ask?


I created Copic cards using a business card template. 


Each color will have its own card, so all I need to do is print out a new card for any future colors that are introduced to their collection.  The big square is to color in.  There are 2 small boxes below the main box - one box (with "R") is to mark whether I own a refill for that color; the other box is to mark what type of marker I own ("C"iao, "S"ketch, "O"riginal).  I included a section on the card where I could add my favorite color combo for that color.  The cards look like this:  




The cards will go into a binder using business card binder pages that you can find at any office supply store:


I would love to find a business card wallet that held enough business cards to represent all the Copic colors, but I haven't found one yet that has enough slots and is reasonably priced. 



I'm hoping that this is a start to getting my mojo back.  After the holidays, I plan on starting next year's gifts.....a cardkeeper with various themed cards.  That should keep me busy all year, right?


Blessings,


1 comment:

  1. Your MOJO is in Florida... come pick it up!
    As always,
    SBD

    ReplyDelete