Monday, March 24, 2014

A Couple More Cards for the Consultant Challenge.

Since I love things the Shimmer, Sparkle and Shine...I couldn't resist making a couple more cards.  I probably won't have time for the rest of the month to enjoy my crafting space. :(


For this card, I used Grapefruit Cardstock for my base and Sugar Cardstock for the layer. I used one of the chevrons from the Chevrons Stamp Set to lightly stamp onto the Sugar CS to create a template (no way could I adhere the sequins straight without the template...LOL!!).  The sequin colors I used are Lime, Silver and Pink.  After adhering the sequins (Crystal Clear Glaze is awesome for using on sequins), I stamped the "Hello" from the Say It With Style set using Grapefruit Ink.  I used one of the dies from the Word Windows Die Set to cut out the sentiment and then used foam tape to adhere to the card.  The picture really doesn't do it justice on how shiny and shimmery the sequins are.  One of my cats (Bella) goes crazy over the reflections off the sequins.  My crazy little girl loves to chase things that light up....flashlight, laser light, reflection off the back of a disc (DVD/CD) and now....sequin reflections. LOL!!! I really need to figure out how to use the video function on my phone. 



For this card, I used the feathers from the Make A Wish Stamp Set with the matching die set (I had some pieces left over from using them on my recipe swap pages...post to come in a few days).  I used Winter Sky Ink to stamp the images.  Using a glue pen, I added some Diamond Glitter to the spine of each feather.  The sentiment is from the Making A Difference Stamp Set, which I stamped onto Sugar Shimmer Cardstock (yep, I smudged it...AFTER I adhered it to the card base...UGH!!).  Using the Vintage Labels 2 die set, I cut out the sentiment and a frame using Silver Shimmer Cardstock.  Of course, I had to include a few sequins...my favorite embellishment!!!  The card base is Ocean Shimmer Cardstock.

Well, that does it for me!

As I said earlier, I'll be posting pictures of the Final Consultant Recipe Swap later on this week...so be sure to check back.


Blessings,











No comments:

Post a Comment