Sunday, March 20, 2011

A|S Goodies and some cards

I had planned on stamping all day, but of course life has a way of getting in the way of fun time. I uncle passed away. He was the oldest (and the only brother) on my mom's side of the family. Not sure when the funeral will be. The family is doing well.


I did manage to take some pictures of more goodies from my A Muse Studio kit. I can't say enough about the ink. I love the colors, the coverage, and the dry time.






While the name of the color is on the back of the ink pad, I printed labels of the color names for the lid. I've already gotten ink smudges on the inside of the lid. I would hate for my lovely ink pads to be ruined because the wrong lid was used... can you imagine having some of the slate ink smudged on the lemon whip?
I went one step further and printed another label for the side of the ink pad. I am storing my ink pads "upside down" and stacked by season (spring, summer, fall, winter). Someone had told me long, long time ago that ink pads will last longer stored upside down (which makes sense and I can see why SU and CTMH ink pads come the way they do).


I can't wait to test out the paper flowers with my Copics. I've always loved working with A Muse bling.....tiny, but so cute...and it adds that perfect "something" to a card. Because the blings are small, I use wood putty on the end of a pencil/pen to help me place the bling on my card. For my next post, I'll take some pictures of how it's used.


The colors of the ribbon are amazing. I love the bright colors of the satin. And who doesn't love stitched ribbon. LOL


While I didn't have all day to stamp, I did manage to make a few cards today.


I ran the first A Muse Shoebox Swap at the shop last month. It was a fantastic turnout and the ladies came up with awesome cards. Maureen, a swapper, made a delicious wedding card using the Shimmer Damask paper. Here's my version of the wedding card. (BTW....if you're in the area, our next Shoebox Swap is next Saturday - March 26th - contact the shop if you want to join us)



I turned to my wood block stamps for this card. The branch stamp wasn't long enough, so I used my copics to extend the branch a little bit. I cut out the little birdie and used foam tape to adhere him to the cage.

Of course I couldn't let a stamping session go without using glitter!!! I love the look glitter gives a card, but I'm quite messy when it comes to working with glitter. It ends up EVERYWHERE... including on the cats.


With Easter just around the corner, I wanted to have a go with my new Egg-stravaganza set. I love the designs in this set.

That's it for today. I'm planning on driving to Portland on Friday for the CK Convention with a friend. This is the very first convention of the year for CK and I have never attended the one in Portland before. So, it will be very exciting. Bellevue is the last CK Convention of the year and with it located just across from my work, I've attended and volunteered for the last 4-5 years. I'll report back on my next post what goodies I bought.
Happy stamping!!! Hope everyone has a terrific week!!
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment